Collection and Use of Personal Data
- Data You Provide: We receive and store any information you provide when you use our products and services or give us in any other way, such as when you create an account, write a review, or participate in an online survey. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customising future shopping for you, improving our website, and communicating with you.
- Data about Payment: To enable payment when you make a purchase, we collect personal data in connection with your purchase, such as your name, billing and shipping addresses, email address, telephone number, credit card information and other authentication information. This information will only be shared with third parties who help to complete the purchase transaction. Examples of this include fulfilling orders and processing credit card payments.
- Automatic Data: When you visit our website we receive and gather certain types of information automatically. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies”, and we may collect information about the type of device you use, your device's unique identifier, the IP address of your device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser that you use, usage information, diagnostic information, and location information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices on which you install or access our products or services. Where available, our services may use your IP address and other technologies to determine a device's approximate location to allow us to improve our products and services. We use this information to improve the content of the Services, market research purposes, to communicate information to visitors and to better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- Operate, maintain, and improve our website, products, and services;
- Customise your experience;
- Respond to comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- Link or combine user information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity;
- Process orders or otherwise provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Process and deliver orders for additional services;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network; and
- Develop and improve marketing and advertising for the Services and partner services.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to provide, protect, and improve our products and services, such as customising content, offering and measuring advertisements, understanding user behaviour, keeping your items in your shopping cart between visits, and providing a safer experience.
You can remove or reject cookies using your browser or device settings, but in some cases doing so may affect your ability to use our products and services.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We make certain personal data available to strategic partners that work with us to provide our products and services or help us market to customers. Personal data will only be shared by us with these companies in order to provide or improve our products, services, and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior express consent.
We share personal data with companies that provide services on our behalf, such as website hosting, email services, marketing, and other promotions, auditing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering packages, data analytics, processing credit card payments, providing customer service, and conducting customer research and satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your data and may be located wherever we operate.
They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Data Transfers, Storage, and Processing Globally
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to safeguard and help prevent unauthorised access to your data, and to correctly use the data we collect. For example, access to your personal data is restricted to our employees, contractors, and agents who need access to such data to perform their assigned job duties.
It is important that you take precautions to protect against unauthorised access to your MinnieMe products, account credentials, and computer or other devices. If you feel that the security of your account or personal data has been compromised, please immediately Contact Us. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete, and up to date. You have the right to access, correct, or delete the personal data that we collect. You are also entitled to restrict or object, at any time, to the further processing of your personal data. You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured and standard format. You may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority regarding the processing of your personal data.
To protect the privacy and the security of your personal data, we may request data from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access such data, as well as to search for and provide you with the personal data we maintain. There are instances where applicable laws or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide or delete some or all of the personal data that we maintain.
If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your data, and we may delete any or all of your data without liability. However, we may retain data related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, if required by law, or for legitimate purposes, such as analysis of non-personal data, account recovery, auditing our records, and enforcing our rights and obligations under our agreements.
Definition of 'Cookies'
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are widely used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. We also use other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, for similar purposes. In this Cookie Statement, we refer to all of these technologies as 'cookies.'
Types of Cookies
- Essential cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with our websites and services and to enable essential features, such as providing shopping cart or live chart functionality. If you disable these cookies, we will not be able to fulfil your request.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our websites and services and allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing. The information these cookies collect allows us to optimize our websites and make them easier for you to use, and it does not personally identify you. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information we use in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites and services are being used and how effective our marketing campaigns are, and help us customise our websites. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing or shopping history and are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same advertisement from continuously reappearing, ensuring that advertisements are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. We may share this information with third parties to help create and deliver advertising personalised to you and your interests. If you disable or opt-out of these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services, and it may reduce the support or information that we can provide you.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content on our websites and services through third-party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
Cookies Placed by Third Parties
Controlling and Opting-Out of Cookies
Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls and to exercise your cookie preferences, visit your browser or device's help material. If you choose to reject cookies, as noted above, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites and services.
Do Not Track